Monday, August 1, 2011

Climbing Free



I look up from the base and I see my own weaknesses, my errors.  I see the cracks and clefts the jagged edges and somewhere up there on that slope lies relevance......The mountain draws me out it is my proving ground......It's not that I disregard your uneasiness, it's just what I need to do.

I cling here to the side of the stone considering my route, contemplating my grip, examining the rugged cold of mortality.  I am alone on the cliff, no ropes, no heavy gear, no second chances.  I let my fears pass over me and through me,  heightening my awareness, forcing me deep into now.......It challenges me, tests my strength my mental fortitude and stamina.......Every foot I climb, in every pounding heartbeat, you are my goal.

I stand here on the summit surveying my victory, tired, out of breath and sweaty.  I have a new vantage point a higher perspective........It has pushed me, stretched me, consoled me...... I rush down to return to you a stronger man, having truly lived.  Knowing more about who I am and knowing how to love you better.

No comments:

Post a Comment